Since 2007 a group of botanical artists in the Washington, D.C, area has been taking classes taught by Anne-Marie Evans of England. Most of our participants are members of the American Society of Botanical Artists (ASBA), and many are also members of the local ASBA Chapter Botanical Artists of the National Capital Region (BASNCR) and other botanical art organizations.
In 2011, our group incorporated in the State of Virginia as the Botanical Artists for Education & the Environment (BAEE), a nonprofit organization and received a Federal 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status. We have a Board of Directors, all of whom serve as unpaid volunteers. BAEE has no dues. Publication costs for books come from donations.
Members of the BAEE Board of Directors serve as unpaid volunteers. Additional members include participants in the project, both artists and those who supported our project. In 2011, BAEE received Federal 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
Through classes and projects we hope to improve our botanical illustration skills, while at the same time supporting the efforts of others in preserving our natural environment in which, as botanical painters, we take a particular interest. According to our Bylaws, BAEE organized to
- Encourage members to pursue excellence in botanical art
- Encourage and support botanical artists by using our art for the betterment of the community, for example by creation of a book entitled American Botanical Paintings: Native Plants of the Mid Atlantic
- Foster native plant conservation and education
- Conduct meetings to share ideas and information and to provide a forum for members to discuss issues of common interest
- Engage in any other activities, which are not inconsistent with Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and applicable state law, and to operate totally as a non-profit and/or not-for-profit organization
New Members are Welcome
We welcome new artists to join our group to participate in our projects or to take a class. Read about our published book project.
BAEE's Social Media Connections
Follow us on our social media connections:
- News Announcements (subscribe to get our latest posts)
- Flickr Photo Albums
About This Website
Do I Need to Log In?
Log in is not required for general users of this site. You do not need to log in to comment on a post. Only registered authors or contributors who have something to post to the site are required to log on.
Do I Need to Register?
- Web Diva:
- Cynthia A Lockley
- Content Manager:
- Bonnie S. Driggers