Botanical Art Education: Composition and Watercolor
BAEE offers classes by visiting artists such as the annual classes by Anne-Marie Evans MBE. Watch the News Announcements for information about new classes.
- The American Society of Botanical Artists (ASBA) offers a comprehensive how-to guide for planning and holding an exhibition. Download the ASBA Exhibition Guide.
- Selected Mid-Atlantic Native Plant Resources
- Supply List Sources for materials you should bring with you. Advanced/experienced students should just bring whatever they customarily use.
- Flower Care Advice
- "Cut Flower Care" from Poundbury Florist, UK — see especially the excellent tips at the bottom in Flower Specific Care Tips.
- "Flower Care Tips" from ArenaFlowers, UK — has tips for bouquets and arrangements, plants and orchids, and the science behind flower food.
- "Styling, Designing, and Arranging fresh cut flowers" from theflowergodmother.com. A PDF of 15 FREE floral resource tip sheets offered to Flowerhandlers Community Members. In-depth descriptions of the Tip
Sheets can be found in the book Blooms, Living with Flowers Throughout the Year by Dottie Harrigan available at FlowerGodmother.com with Flowerhandlers®, Upper Marlboro, MD.
- Get The IVCAS Accredited Floristry Academy Diploma an online course with nine modules that teach you flower arranging (with videos) and steps for how to set up your own florist business (UK-based).
- Plant Care Guides from The National Gardening Association Learning Library. Information for choosing, planting and maintaining [ Perennials | Bulbs | Trees, Shrubs and Vines | Vegetables | Fruit Trees | Small Fruits and Berries | Herbs ]
- Q. When are the next classes?
- A. Contact us for information about upcoming classes.
- Q. How many people are at a table?
- A. Each person will have a separate table.
- Q. Types of classes offered.
- A. See the Past Classes page for descriptions of classes offered in the past.
- Q. Who are the teachers?